Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's this all about?

I admit it: I'm addicted to trashy romance novels. The characters annoy me and the plots are generally so thin you can see through them, but somehow I can't stop reading them. I tell myself it's because it's sometimes nice to pick up a quick and easy book that I know will have a happy ending, and that I can finish reading in a couple of hours. There's certainly some truth in that, but I think my addiction goes deeper. Perhaps I'm simply a closet romantic, secretly yearning for some rich, gorgeous, hunk to show up one day and sweep me off my feet. Then again, if it ever were to happen, I probably wouldn't like it. Fantasies should, after all, remain fantasies.

This blog is a place for me to talk about these trashy books I so love to read. They're not really meant to be book reviews, but are simply my reflections and rants. Spoilers will abound I'm sure, but these books rarely have any plot twists that aren't glaringly obvious from the beginning anyway.

So here we go! Welcome to Trashy Reflections!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment